35-Day Challenge ::
35-Day Challenge :: Cru.
What God declares true of you on account of Christ.
Courtesy Athletes in Action
We invite you to join the 35-Day Challenge, where we will present a new Biblical promise each day. You can find the promises here or on our Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest pages.
The statements from the 35-Day Challenge were originally used during Athletes in Action’s summer tours, camps, and projects. Based loosely on content from books by Miles Standish and Neil Anderson, the 35 statements provide truths that God declares over believers as found in the Bible.
During their training time on projects, leaders present The Principles of faith and sport and encourage student-athletes to choose a few of the positional truths as mental “focal points” in the heat of competition. This encourages athletes not to focus on their own performance as an indicator of their value but to cling to the truth of God’s word to realize their worth. This frees them up to play to the best of their ability.
Yet these truths apply far outside of the sports arena. All believers can rest in God’s truth for their acceptance and find their worth in how He views them. This brings true freedom and joy to Christ followers everywhere.
Which of these truths will you start using as a focal point when life is challenging?
- I am accepted and worthy. Romans 15:7; Psalm 139
- I am never alone. Hebrews 13:5b; Romans 8:38, 39
- I am adequate. 2 Corinthians 3:5,6; Philippians 4:13
- I have boldness and confidence. Proverbs 3:26; 14:26; Hebrews10:19
- God will be faithful to me. Philippians1:6; 2:13; Thessalonians 3:3
- I have the mind of Christ. I Corinthians 2:16; II Timothy 1:7
- I have hope. Romans 15:13; Psalm 16:11; 27:13
- I am seen as perfect. Hebrews 10:14; Colossians 2:13
- I have been chosen and set apart. 1 Corinthians 1:30; 6:11; Ephesians 1:4
- I lack nothing. Philippians 4:19
- I am free from fear. Psalm 34:4; II Timothy 1:7
- I have all the faith I need. Romans 12:3
- I have strength. Daniel 11:32; Psalm 37:39
- I am victorious. Romans 8:37; II Corinthians 2:14
- I have wisdom. Proverbs 2:6,7; I Corinthians 1:30
- I am free. Psalm 32:7, II Corinthians 3:17
- I have comfort. John 15:6; 16:7; II Corinthians 1:3,4
- I am protected. Psalm 32:7
- I am perfectly loved. John 15:9; Romans 8:38, 39; Ephesians 2:4,5; 5:1
- I am an adopted child of God. Romans 8:16; Galatians 4:5; Ephesians 1:5
- I am totally forgiven. Psalm 103:12; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 10:7
- I have been declared righteous. Romans 3:24; I Corinthians 1:30; 6:11
- I am indwelt by the Holy Spirit. Acts 1:8; Ephesians 1:19; 3:16; I Corinthians 12:13
- I have direct access to God. Ephesians 2:6; I Peter 2:5,9
- I am blameless. John 3:18; Romans 8:1
- I have been created for good works. Ephesians 2:10; Psalm 37:23
- I am a new creation. 2 Corinthians 5:17
- I have authority over Satan. Colossians 1:13; I John 4:4
- I am dead to sin. Romans 6:11
- I am dead to the law. Romans 6:14; 7:4,5,6
- I am an eternal inheritance. Romans 8:16,17; Ephesians 1:11,14,18
- I have been raised with Christ. Romans 6:4,5,6,7,8; Galatians 2:20; Colossians 2:12
- I will be with Christ in heaven. Ephesians 2:5, Colossians 2:15
- I have eternal security. 1 John 5:11,12,13; John 10:27,28,29,30
- I have spiritual gifts for His service. 1 Corinthians 12